Saturday 26 November 2011

YELLOW BUS

Being confident is good, but being OVER confident may lead you to something rather disastrous. I was 4, and it was my first day of kindergarten. On that day, I could recall the glimpse of kids crying, hugging their parents, feeling rather reluctant to go into school. Whilst for myself, I had some tough love from me dad. Wearing his military uniform, we walked into school. As we entered, Dad pointed at the school yard, and said," That is the place you will wait for your school van okay? Remember to always ask if you don't know anything." And then he left for work. 

Being a pre-kindergarten student, I was too excited. Hence, I could remember nothing.

Ring! the school bell went off. Everyone was running and rushing out of the school compound. So was I. As I reach the school yard, I saw one super cool yellow bus parked outside my kindergarten. And I thought to myself, " Anyone who rides this to school must be a super cool kid." So I went up the bus, and neither did i realized that I was supposed to go back by the van parked exactly behind that bus. 

Being inside the bus was pretty cool. You know, at the age of 4, anything you do that is out of the ordinary is definitely cool. In my case, riding the YELLOW BUS. As expected, I was the last boy sitting in that bus. So the driver asked me, "Boy, are you lost? How come you are still in this bus?" And I bravely replied," I was supposed to go back by van, but this bus is awesome!" 

Guessing that he was pleased and proud at that moment, he offered to send me back. I was clueless as to where I stay, but I do know landmarks leading to my house. So I directed him to my house. Remember, I was 4 at that time. As I reached the front gate of my house, I can see both my parents and my school principal. They looked rather stressed I guess. But heck, I was too happy, so I proudly waived at them, giving them the widest smile ever.

As I came down, I thanked the bus driver, and gave him a hug. He explained to them," Anak awak salah masuk bas lah. Nasib baik dia ni banyak pandai tunjuk jalan." At the end of the day, despite being grounded from watching Ultraman and also Sonic the Hedgehog for one whole week, I realized one thing. I can be easily distracted. From doing what I was supposed to, I swift to do something that attracts me more. 

Hence, it shows that I was troublesome back then, yet still is now. FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment