Tuesday 22 November 2011

Ice cream kills.



There was Mega Sale back then when my parents decided to shop for CNY. As always, being a dumb kid I love to play hide and seek, "ESPECIALLY" when there's a lot of people around, in the "SHOPPING MALL". Back then everyone was rushing, pushing, pulling all the good stuffs there was. And to be a Chinese, it is a must for you to "PARTICIPATE". Hence, my mom did. 

I was running around like a fool, hiding in between clothes and stuffs, expecting my parents to catch me. Even before entering the mall, Mom reminded me, " Do not play hide and seek here, bad people will take you away and chop your hands and make you a slave." Yet, I was stubborn. I ran, and I hide, and at one point, I was lost. I shouted, I screamed, I cried yet no one entertained me. At that moment there's only one solution, FIND YOUR MOTHER. So I did. 

Suddenly, in approximately 5 minutes of being lost, a good Samaritan came to me. He asked, "Adik, mak ayah dekat mana?"- which means where are your parents. And I innocently replied, "They went shopping!" And he responded, " Adik suka makan ice-cream tak?". *Bare in mind, being a 4 year old kid, when one offers you an ice-cream, it's near to impossible for you to say no.* So I said, "Nak! Tapi mak cakap jangan ikut orang tak kenal." That guy quickly grabbed my hand and pointed to the ice cream stall, which was very near to the exit of the mall. At that time, I wasn't thinking that much. My head was only filled with flavors of yummy creamy ice-creams. So I followed him. I even told him I wanted 3 scoops of chocolate ice creams.

As we were about to reach the ice cream stall, he grabbed my hand even tighter than before. It was as if he was trying to pull me out of the mall. I was really scared at that time, but there was nothing I can. I wanted to cry, but I can't. I was too scared. 

Reaching only a few more inch to the exit, I heard a scream. A very loud scream. "Woi!!! Jangan culik anak aku!!!!" I turned around, with my wrist seized by that guy, and saw my mom dashing towards me. She was screaming her lungs out, despite having so many people around her. I can see tears shredding down her cheeks. At that moment, I couldn't feel the grip on my wrist anymore. The guy speeds off through the exits without even looking back. At that instance, I know, that if I were to follow him out, I might be in Thailand, or probably in Myanmar already. Even worse, I might be kidnapped. Hence, ICE CREAM KILLS.



No comments:

Post a Comment