Monday 5 December 2011

Kena Tinggal

I was in Port Dickson, Negri Sembilan when I was 6. There used to be a roundabout in the midst of the town. *Not sure whether it's still there*. So, it has always been a competition to rule the middle seat at the back, especially when you are in a car. Cos when you get to seat in the middle, you'll get to feel all the air-cond you want. Sooo cold, soooo breezy. Its like heaven, especially when the sun is right on top of your head.

Whenever we fight to seat in the middle, my brother will do whatever it takes, be it punch, pinch, tease, disturb, yell, threatens to kill himself, threatens to run away, threatens to voluntarily be kidnapped, threatens to kill the cat, threatens to kill frogs, cockroaches, ants etc. You name it. Being a typical wuss, I do what I normally do best. Cry.

Hence to stop all that, what Dad would do is very simple. He'll put us at the sidewalks alongside the roundabout. Bear in mind that the shopkeepers nearby are actually my Dad's friends. Whenever he leaves us there, he'll signal his friends hence they will keep an eye on us. And then, he'll say this," Let you kena kidnap by bad people. Because all of you are very naughty." In our minds, it means that he'll leave us there to rot. We kept on crying. Then he'll take a small u-turn *pretending to leave us* in less than a minute and fetch us back. By then, we are already as quiet as a mouse.

There was once, the same thing happened again. But this time, it was me alone. I was crying really bad. Dad dropped me off, made a U-turn and WALLA! I was not there.  He freaked out. Things went wrong this time. Went to ask his friends, they said I was walking that way. Dad and his friends kept looking for me for almost one solid hours. Finally at that moment, he finally found me. I was.eating ice-kacang, in the apek's ice-kacang. stall. I wasn't crying anymore. Instead, I waved at him happily and said, "I told uncle I got no money to buy ice kacang, cos you left me. So I got this for free!"


POMMMM! Kena penampar seround. :S

Since that day, no more kena tinggal, thanks to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment